The debut of Curtis Axel has been the most discussed topic coming out of Monday’s Raw outside of Believing in the Shield. 75% of his repackaging was handled masterfully.
Pairing him with the best mic worker in WWE? Brilliant. Remixing his dad’s theme song? Fantastic. Much like the Rock using his heritage to create his new name? Great stuff and light years better than Michael McGillicutty.
1) So you lead the show with Jerry Lawler recapping the Fandango/Jericho feud? And that leads into a Dance Off? Not a terrible segment idea, but nothing I would kick off the show with. Fandango’s ring attire was tremendous and that broad from NXT was nearly naked so I won’t boycott Raw over the issue. I’m just a big fan of starting the wrestling program with a bang and maybe even a wrestling match? Antiquated thinking, I suppose. How about Jericho’s dance partner, btw? Yowza.
2) If you are excited for The Hangover 3, I’d rather not see your face.
3) Dance off to a squash match? Hm. Again, no real issue with the segment. This just felt like the start of the second hour of the flagship show, not the first. They have to put the strap on Ryback, right? With John Cena injured, if he beats this guy in a Last Man Standing match, I just don’t know how any opponent they’d throw at Super Cena would have credibility. BTW, wasn’t Zack Ryder not spiking his hair supposed to be a big deal? Hm.
4) I am really enjoying the tweaks to Antonio Cesaro’s entrance attire. The clever jacket. The John Spartan beret. Also, the fact that AC seems to be unclear on the whole “sports entertainment” angle. This is clearly demonstrated when he elbows and punches people in the face as hard as he can. What a hilarious bit! You know, when he tosses his opponent in the air and then closes up their windpipe with a european uppercut? OH! The hilarity that ensues! Also, Randy Orton pretended he was a snake during the match.
5) Does the WWE have an iPad app? I haven’t heard anything about it. Hit the jump for more quality zingers like that one. Continue reading →