With a lot of minor happenings on last night’s Slammys/go-home Raw and no one storyline dominating the show last night to talk about we’re going old school with today’s Day After and giving it to you in the style of Dukes’ old 10 Thoughts on Raw column.
1. Because the Big Show killed it at WWE Fairfax, I’ll give them a pass and won’t openly complain too long about another Show-Cena match. It was a risky gamble though, I wonder how many fans tuned out and missed another fun brawl between the remnants of Team Authority & Team Cena to promote Sunday’s show.
2. Seth Green was a better choice for this Slammy-hosting gig than Dennis Miller a few years back. At least, Green looks like he wants to be there and, as some pointed out on Twitter his size makes the Superstars look impressive.
3. Sting won the Slammy for Amazing Moment, problem is you can’t give Sting an award at a wrestling arena; he’s probably hanging in the rafters.
4. Really enjoyed the Paul Heyman-Seth Rollins segment with Heyman talking Rollins into taking out Cena for good for his client. Once again, Paul Heyman sells a match better than the two participants involved in said match.
5. Charlotte on RAW! Whooo! Not sure why you have her lose to hype Takeover: R Evolution, though. If you want to see an even better Charlotte-Natalya match check out their match from the first NXT Takeover match.
6. Tyson Kidd continues to make the most of the little bits he is given and that cat hoodie. Dude is slaying right now, get on the bandwagon.
7. The tease of Bray Wyatt interrupting Paul Heyman may or may not of made my pants spontaneously combust. What I would give for a promo segment between those two. I really enjoyed Bray’s promo tonight. It was one of the only Wyatt promos I can remember that was straightforward about his intentions: finishing the job at TLC. We also learned that the rocking chair Ambrose destroyed was Sister Abigail’s. Back story!