It’s time for the airing of the grievances on an all new Smackdown emanating from Minneapolis, Minnesota tonight. The feats of strength come afterwards.
It is a period of civil war. Last week on Smackdown, The Miz, The Big Show, Dolph Ziggler were pulled into the fray on an edition of Miz TV. However, Daniel Bryan had seemingly started to turn the tide against the new Corporation on last week’s Smackdown by finally locking WWE Champion Randy Orton in the Yes Lock. The victory was short-lived as the Shield saved the Viper and left Bryan laying to end the show.
After the firing of Cody Rhodes and the continued assaults on Daniel Bryan, the locker room is seemingly terrified for their jobs. Will the onslaught of “what’s best for business” continue or will heroes rise against the corporate machine?
Here’s what’s on tap:
- Triple H has called for a town meeting to kick off the festivities on Smackdown. I’m sure it will be an honest and open debate, with no ass kissing, no sarcasm, and no one will be booked in unfavorable matches tonight. Completely civil.
- Speaking of grievances, AJ Lee has them with the cast of Total Divas. Brie Bella and Naomi, two of the trio of reality stars that will face AJ for the Divas championship at Night of Champions, will square off in singles action tonight. Could another pipebomb be on tap?
- The Usos and the Real Americans continue their feud with what should be another entertaining tag team war.
- With the no other matches made official you can be sure a bevy of contests will be booked coming out of tonight’s Town Hall Meeting.
Tune in to Smackdown at 8PM ET on SyFy!
Spray paint YES! on an escalade because it’s FRIDAY! Smackdown comes to us tonight from Sin City, Las Vegas, NV
The BIG NEWS tonight is the rumblings of a Superstar Rebellion against the new Triple H/Randy Orton alliance is starting to brew. Miz TV will play host to the three men who were interviewed about Daniel Bryan’s punishment on the stage Monday Night but chose to stay silent. The Miz, the Big Show, and Dolph Ziggler will discuss the new regime.
Keeping things spoiler free, multiple matches will fill out the card as a result of Miz TV, with Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, and Dolph Ziggler all seeing action this evening.
Here’s a glance at what else is on tap for tonight’s SmackDown.
- Rob Van Dam meets Damien Sandow
- The Wyatt Family faces Tons of Funk in tag team action
Nothing of importance happened on Raw last night. No major implications for SummerSlam, no former world champions returned. Nothing to see here.
The Cena-Bryan Saga Continues
The night began with Wade Barrett scoring a rare Raw victory over Daniel Bryan. Barrett rolled up the Dazzler, and special ref Brad Maddox made a fast three count. Bryan narrowly missed getting his hands on Shmedium, and then chanted “NO!” along with the crowd.
In the second hour of the show, Brad Maddox pitched Vince McMahon on becoming the official referee for SummerSlam’s main event between Bryan and Cena. However, Raw’s COO would overrule him. Triple H declared himself to be the SGR, hitting Maddox with a Pedigree. Vinnie Mac threw down the microphone and stormed off in a huff.
Later, Mizfits worldwide were delighted by the Awesome One interviewing Daniel Bryan and John Cena. This actually turned out to be a pretty good segment. The CeNation Leader went into an emotional tirade that included the usual “you’re not the first or the last” sentiment. However, Bryan finally goaded Cena into admitted that he doesn’t see D-Bry as being in his class. The Dazzler cited a Japanese pre-match ritual of opponents slapping each other, but said that didn’t apply here because Cena is “not a wrestler.” Cena shoved Bryan, and HHH came out to try to keep the peace.
The segment ended with Randy Orton coming out on stage to hold his briefcase high, reminding the WWE Universe that SummerSlam could end with neither Cena nor Bryan possessing the strap.
We’ve made it this far without girlfriends being involved. We may be in the clear. Continue reading →
Image Credit: WWE.com
It’s Friday, time to say something stupid, Paul.
WWE.com is hyping an exclusive interview with Brock Lesnar discussing his upcoming Beast vs. The Best matchup at SummerSlam. After the two amazing brawls on Raw and Brock’s classic, “say something stupid, Paul” line from Raw, the interview is a must see look at the money feud for SummerSlam.
Also on tap tonight?
- The odd men out of the World Heavyweight Championshp match at SummerSlam collide as Randy Orton takes on Rob. Van. Dam.
- Miz TV returns tonight, but before you reach for your remote, know that tonight’s guests are AJ Lee and Big E. Langston. You like AJ Lee right? A little birdie told me that another SummerSlam matchup may result from this segment, so don’t miss it.
- In a Raw re-match, Fandango looks to get his win back from the returning Kofi Kingston.
- After thwarting Mr. McMahon’s attempt to shave his beard on Monday, #1 Contender to the WWE Championship Daniel Bryan faces his would-be Demon Barber of Fleet Street, the freshly shaven Wade Barrett.
- In preparation for his Ring of Fire match, Kane faces 3MB in a handicap match.
- And inexplicably, just 9 days before they fight for the World Heavyweight Championship at SummerSlam, Christian takes on Alberto Del Rio in non-title action.
Admittedly, I’m not the biggest fan of the Miz, at least as a hero. He has such a punchable face that he works best as a heel. However, I am a fan of old school Star Wars. Add in my love of professional wrestling? Baby you got yourself a stew going! So imagine my excitement when the above picture hit the web last night.
Here’s the 411 (via Lords of Pain):
The Miz used a cup of beer and a Stormtrooper’s helmet in his Sydney Street Fight against Dean Ambrose at last night’s live event in Sydney, Australia. Ambrose ended up winning the match.
That sentence is full of win. A street fight where a Stormtrooper helmet is involved and Dean Ambrose was involved. I’m already wanting to see how he sold a blow from a Stormtrooper helmet. House shows are the best.
Let’s just hope the Miz doesn’t decide to keep that helmet and cover it in glitter.