The Wide is back with a brand-new Chad Dukes Wrestling Show! This week, Chad Dukes, Loud Goat and Thom discuss Undertaker and HBK being on RAW, Mick Foley, AJ Styles & the Royal Rumble poster, and the guys have reached their breaking point with Monday Night Raw. #BelieveInTheWide
Listen above & share with a friend. You can have the show go straight to your device of choice by subscribing on iTunes, Play.it, and/or TuneIn. Also, while you’re on iTunes, leave a 5-star review for your pals.
Happy Monday, marks! WWE Payback is this weekend, which means Raw is going to be hotter than ever! Live from Hartford, CT, here are some pre-show notes:
- Bullet Club in Action: WWE gets its first taste of the Bullet Club in a sanctioned matched, as they go two-on-two against the Usos. While they’ve been established as buddies of New Japan refugee AJ Styles, original Bullet Club founder Finn Balor quietly dropped the NXT Title to Samoa Joe last week at a house show, possibly freeing him up to ascend to the main roster. Lots to keep an eye on here.
- League Disbanding: Mere weeks after dumping Wade Barrett, Alberto del Rio confirmed over the weekend that the remaining League of Nations members will be going their separate ways. For a faction with such decorated members, the LoN never amounted to much. Hopefully Barrett, del Rio, Rusev, and Sheamus will re-establish themselves as credible threats to faces everywhere.
- Payback Go-Home Show: The build to WWE Payback has been one of the better in recent memory, and hopefully the trend continues tonight with a solid go-home show!
That’s it! Enjoy the show, and be sure to check back in with CDW for all your wrestling needs.
Welcome to Monday Night Raw: the Preview! WWE keeps the smark-crowd train rolling as Raw sets up shop in sunny Los Angeles. Some pre-show notes:
- Here Comes More of the Money: Due to overwhelming positive feedback on social media, Shane McMahon is running Monday Night Raw for the second week in a row! Will there be even more debuts? More fun matches? What the hell ever happened to the Undertaker? Answers tonight.
- No. 1 Contender AJ Styles: With Styles’ surprise win last week on Raw, the main event for Payback is presumably set. As Styles is an over babyface, it looks like WWE will continue to tweak Roman Reigns into “a guy” who’s neither good nor bad. Also, shoutout to Styles for dressing like a total hick on SmackDown. It did this Texas boy proud.
- NXT Tag Teams: After a fire-hot debut last week, Enzo Amore and Big Cass will surely continue their feud with the Dudley Boys. While the Vaudevillians’ debut was a little quieter, the response was positive, so perhaps they will get a shot on the red show. Also it will be interesting to see just where Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews fit in on Raw.
- Bad News Barrett: With King Barrett getting kicked out of the League of Nations last week, it remains to be seen if he will re-emerge anywhere else. Rumors of his contract expiring soon, might mean this is the last we’ve seen of Wade Barrett on WWE TV.
- Dr. Phil: Dr. Phil is guest starring on tonight’s episode.
That’s it! Enjoy the show and check back here at CDW for all your wrestling needs!
Whew! NXT Takeover and Wrestlemania might be over, but don’t let your stomach settle just yet – it’s time for the Raw After Wrestlemania! Dallas, TX is the place and here are your pre-show notes (Wrestlemania 32 and NXT Takeover: Dallas spoilers, obviously):
- New Champs: Roman Reigns and Zack Ryder are your new champions heading into the new season. While Roman is likely to hold the belt for a while, it remains to be seen if Ryder’s first IC strap is the start of a legit push or if it’s more of a career achievement award.
- The Future of the Authority: Kind of a split decision for the Authority last night. The Undertaker defeated Shane McMahon to keep the prodigal son from taking over Raw, but Triple H emphatically lost the belt to Roman Reigns in the main event. Let’s hope Shane O’Mac stays around and maybe the Authority takes a quieter role going forward.
- Monday Night Debuts: The Raw After Wrestlemania has been a hotspot for debuting talent over the past few years. Names to keep an eye on this year are Samoa Joe (lost twice to Finn Balor), Baron Corbin (still seems to have unfinished business with Austin Aries, but he did just win the Andre), Bayley (lost her belt to Asuka), Enzo Amore, Big Cass, Carmella, as well as longshots Apollo Crews, Mojo Rawley, and TMDK. Okay, maybe not TMDK.
- Monday Night Returns: In addition to any NXT call-ups, injured WWE Superstars that could make a return tonight are John Cena (already back, kind of), Cesaro, and Randy Orton. Also, where the hell is Hideo Itami?
- New Feuds: Hopefully we get a proper Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens singles program, plus there should be new directions for Dean Ambrose, Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho, AJ Styles, and hopefully the League of Nations.
That’s it! Enjoy what should be one of the hottest shows of the year!
It’s the biggest go-home show of the year for the biggest event of the year! Monday Night Raw goes down in Brooklyn tonight, with less than a week away from Wrestlemania 32! The pre-Raw notes:
- Final Additions: As Wrestlemania nears, the card looks to be mostly set. Expect the addition of an AJ Styles/Chris Jericho match, as well as another Divas bout.
- Diva Debut: WWE.com is teasing the debut or return of another Diva. The “Total Divas” team (Paige, Brie Bella, Alicia Fox, and Natalya) is outnumbered by the “Other Divas” team (Emma, Summer Rae, Tamina Snuka, Cameron, and Lana). This could be an interesting spot for Bayley, as it would be with the faces, but lumping her with the Total Divas and not the Banks/Charlotte/Lynch triad would be a curious decision. Either way, this is certainly something to keep an eye on.
- Wrestlemania: ’nuff said. This show will be HOT.
Enjoy Raw and the rest of Wrestlemania week, marks!