This is absolutely nitpicking, but it annoys me when they call DB the Flying Goat. I get why they do it, the silly little name endears him to the kids and they will support him in lieu of guys like Ryback that are simply more visually compelling. He’s clearly a lot more than just a beard and a big boy hair cut – he’s getting tons of praise weekly for being the guy on the upper mid card.
We’re charging into Payback this weekend, and there are a few things looming.
- Is CM Punk in or out? No one has seen him (unless the follow him on Twitter – dude is in Chicago, get over it)
- Can Jerrrrhn Ceeeeenhaaa get another shot in on Ryback before the PPV this weekend?
- How long is Zack Ryders hair now?
- Who is the dude who is sending love messages to Kaitlyn (and how will it get her a match this weekend)?
- Is Fandango out of the IC title triple threat?
- Will the comedy duo of Sheamus and Damien Sandow perform again tonight?
- Randy Orton, the Shield, Kane – what about these guys?
- Dolph Ziggler announced he will be returning from his concussion injury.
- Will Triple H debut yet another leather jacket/ensemble?
- Which McMahons will be on the show tonight (the only two left).
Plenty to get to, almost not enough time in the broadcast to do it!
Image Credit: WWE.com
It’s no secret that over the past few weeks Daniel Bryan’s star has been rising rapidly. Despite losing the tag team championship, his current “weak link” storyline has reinvigorated The Dazzler and brought him to the forefront of WWE storylines. Team Hell No’s interactions and matches with the Shield have been amazing, thanks in large part to the in-ring chemistry between Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, and Dean Ambrose.
Have you heard the crowd when Bryan gets the hot tag and is dropkicking everything in sight? Then there was this display on last Friday’s Smackdown, taking out the most dominant trio in recent WWE history almost singlehandedly. And Monday? He was just part of the highest rated segment in hour 1 for Males 18-49: Hell No & Orton vs. The Shield, and his match against Ryback was the second highest-quarter hour of the show for Males 18-49. He’s a hilarious comedy character who also can GO when the bell rings and that adds so much dimension to his character.
Now, the internet has exploded with news this morning that the Dazzler could be in line for a big summer push.
Continue reading →
It’s amazing what an insult from the Rock can spawn.
Almost a year after it was announced that the WWE would be involved in a new Scooby Doo direct to video animated feature, now it looks like WWE Superstars will be a page right out of history.
Via Bleeding Cool:
Warner Bros. are finally making moves on some new Flintstones, teaming up with WWE for a prehistoric rumble in the rubble.
Deadline promise that the new, direct to video toon will feature:
WWE staples including Vince McMagma (voiced by Vince McMahon), and such WWE Superstars and Divas including John Cenastone (John Cena) and CM Punkrock (CM Punk).
Continue reading →
I think growing up I would have taken a pair of the Hitman sunglasses over a tear away Hogan shirt. I could definitely make a long list and place some type of desirability for 80′s/90′s wrestler in-ring gimmickry. My life will remain incomplete until I have full sized Legion of Doom spiked shoulder pads. What are we doing again? Ah yes,
RAW is in Calgary tonight, and following the three hour broadcast there will be additional “off-air” content exclusively broadcast on the WWE Active app.
After all the comments and thoughts Bret has floated out lately relating to the company and Triple H, I would love to see that backstage conversation take place.
Still, so much to get to tonight:
- Team Hell No is building to their rematch against Shield members Reigns and Rollins, and the Dazzler is on a rampage to prove to the world that their Extreme Rules defeat was not his fault.
- Ryback sent Zack Ryder packing last week in an ambulance, will there be a John Cena response?
- A Highlight Reel segment with Y2J
- More of Kaitlyn vs AJ.
- Progression for Curtis Axel by way of Paul Heyman
- And an update on the condition of Triple H.
Should be a packed night – and just in case you need a little reminder, after the cut is one of my favorite all time Bret Hart matches! Continue reading →
We’re back once again with a wrap up of our weekly top 5 performers based on THIS PAST week of action only.
Clearly there could never be a consensus on anything more than 7 days of content. We’re simply too petty. But here are OUR findings, with all current CDW writers voting for their top 5 names in all of Professional Wrestling for the week.
Disagree with our results? Want to argue a placement? Want to name your top 5? Feel free to leave a comment or message us on twitter: @dukeswrestling. We’ll gladly name names of who voted for whom, and demand the defend themselves.
Hit the jump for the results for this week.
Continue reading →