Daniel Bryan talks about his Raw announcement - WWE.com
The former champion discusses his emotional announcement from Monday’s Raw with Renee Young.
Kurt Angle Officially Resigns with TNA – Impact Wrestling
In a shock to no one, Kurt Angle will officially be back with Impact when they return next week on Destination America.
Huge 6-man Tag for ROH TV Tapings – Ring of Honor
A tag match that should be a 5-star encounter is set for ROH’s next set of TV Tapings January 24th in Philadelphia. The Bullet Club- AJ Styles & The Young Bucks will meet ACH, “Rebourne” Matt Sydal, & Cedric Alexander.
Brock Lesnar featured in new Hardee’s ad – YouTube
Hardee’s repurposed footage from Brock Lesnar trashing Triple H’s office into a commercial for their
Per WWE.com, WWE has released 7 well known & tenured superstars from their contracts:
- Theodore Long- Long had been with the company since 1998 in various capacities from referee to manager to longtime Smackdown General Manager, but hasn’t been used regularly on WWE TV since July 2013 when Vickie Guerrero dismissed him as “Senior Advisor to the Smackdown General Manager.”
- Camacho- Son of WWE Legend Haku, Camacho debuted back in 2011 with Hunico (Sin Cara Negro/Sin Cara II) as his enforcer. Recently he had been a singles act in NXT, feuding with Adam Rose.
- Brodus Clay- Possibly the biggest pushed name on the list, Clay was a huge part of Raw & Smackdown as the Funkasaurus for over a year. After his tag team with Tensai dissolved, Clay returned to NXT and challenged Adrian Neville for the NXT Championship. Somehow, Funkadactyl Cameron…still employed.
- Evan Bourne- Bourne had recently celebrated six years with the company, debuting back in 2008 on ECW. However the former tag team champion has been sidelined since 2012 with a foot injury suffered in a car accident, which followed two wellness policy violation suspensions.
- Yoshi Tatsu- Another long tenured superstar, Tatsu has made NXT his home in recent years, making sporadic appearance on the main show.
- Curt Hawkins- Added after our initial post, Hawkins has been with WWE proper since 2007, debuting as the Major Brothers in ECW with broski, Zack Ryder. He later won the tag championships with Ryder as part of Edge’s La Familia stable. Since that team he had formed alliances with Vance Archer & Tyler Reks. Hawkins also opened his own wrestling school earlier this year. He confirmed the release on his Twitter.
- Aksana- The hits just keep coming. This one’s pretty surprising since the Lithuanian diva appeared to be starting a program with Alicia Fox Monday on Raw. Making it to the main roster in 2010 on NXT Season 3, Aksana portrayed the money hungry love interest for both Goldust and Teddy Long before briefly joining with Cesaro. Recently she had been part of the diva’s tag team dubbed Foxana with Alicia Fox.
- Jinder Mahal- Damnit, not the funny one. Mahal joined Smackdown in 2011, feuding with the Great Khali. By 2012 he was repackaged with Heath Slater & Drew McIntyre as 3MB.
- Drew McIntryre- The Chosen One. Former IC and Tag Champion, also a member of 3MB. McIntrye was pegged by Vince McMahon on WWE TV as a “future world champion.” This one really shocked me. Despite being in a comedy tag team, the guy clearly has a ton of talent. We’ll always have his amazing entrance music.
- JTG- Smarks won’t have JTG to kick around anymore. The former Cryme Time member was added to the list of releases late this afternoon.
Days like this stink and I never like to celebrate people losing their jobs. I’m personally a little shocked by the Brodus Clay, Jinder Mahal/McIntryre , and Aksana releases. While I would of liked to have seen Camacho embrace his inner Haku, he, Hawkins, Bourne, & Tatsu weren’t being used much so perhaps plying their trade elsewhere is what’s best.
How did everyone enjoy Raw last night?
WWE Stock Hits New 52-Week Low – PW Torch
This may not be important to everyone on the site, but it is interesting. The numbers for Wrestlemania came out recently, and it set records for PPV buys, money and every imaginable statistic. Despite that, the stock is dropping. Will that change the on-air product? Time will tell. For now, they’ve brought back Brock Lesnar and The Rock for a year. Clearly profits can’t be that bad if they can afford to take on those salaries.
Latest on Stone Cold’s Possible In-Ring Return – PW Torch
So Stone Cold isn’t saying no, but he’s not exactly saying yes. It would have to be “the perfect situation” and a win-win for everyone. Obviously it’s been rumored for weeks that he would face CM Punk at next years Wrestlemania. He says he’s in shape to be in the ring. I take him at his word, and look forward to his return.
Continue reading →
The hits just keep on coming for troubled WWE Superstar Evan Bourne. The former tag team champion announced last night on his Twitter that he’s suffered a foot injury that will delay his return from his 60-day Wellness suspension.
Bourne broke his foot in 4 places and dislocated it in 5. No details have emerged as to what type of accident Bourne was involved with but he did post two disgusting pictures on his Twitter. WARNING: both pictures are pretty graphic so click on their links at your own risk. Hit the jump for more.
Continue reading →
Hope everyone had a good weekend and got a chance to check out the show Friday night. Chad was also live-tweeting Victory Road last night, so I hope a few of you joined in.
What Happened After Victory Road + Kurt Angle’s Health – Wrestling, Inc.
Angle talked to GoErie.com about his health recently saying “I’ve beaten myself up a lot. When I came back and started working out for the Olympics this time, I kept getting hurt. I popped a patellar tendon, then I popped an Achilles, then I blew out my hamstring.” Angle is pushing 40 and now says his chances of making the Olympics are slim to none, but is still giving it his all to make the final team. After Victory Road ended the crowd was chanting “Fire Bobby” as Roode stood over Dixie Carter and Sting until help came from the back in the form of D-Lo Brown, Al Snow and Pat Kenney.
Rock Bringing A Surprise To Raw – PWTorch
The Rock was walking the streets of Philly last night taking pictures with tons of fans and posting them on twitter. However, before he posted a barrage of pictures with fans, he posted this “”PHILADELPHIA! Damn good to be here – been too long. I have a little surprise for you on RAW. #EyeOfTheTiger.” Another Rock Concert perhaps?
Continue reading →