In case you missed it, beginning in January, Impact Wrestling moves to Tuesday Nights on PopTV, so the number of Wednesday nights packed with wrestling action are dwindling. So as the days count down, let’s appreciate what we have before it’s gone!
WWE NXT 8PM + 11PM + On Demand on WWE Network
With 4 weeks to go until NXT Takeover: London, we’re in full promotional mode tonight on NXT with a contract signing and two championship matches that should help clarify the title picture in NXT.
- WWE NXT Women’s Championship: Bayley vs. Eva Marie
- NXT Takeover London Contract Signing: Finn Balor and Samoa Joe
- WWE NXT Tag Team Championship Rematch: Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder vs. The Vaudevillains
- Apollo Crews vs. Jesse Sorensen
- Dana Brooke vs. Asuka
Continue reading →
Solomon Crowe Asks for Release – Pro Wrestling Sheet
News came out yesterday afternoon that Solomon Crowe but it looks like he wasn’t outright released but instead he was released at his request. Ryan Satin of TMZ and Pro Wrestling Sheet reported the split is amicable and there is no bad blood between the two.
NWA Shows Added to the Network – PW Insider
TBS 80’s stalwart studio show NWA World Championship Wrestling episodes are beginning to be added to the network. The Nature Boy is prominently featured so get at ’em, animals.
Sasha Saw a Spider – YouTube
From Monday, the Boss explains what looked like her tapping during her match with Becky Lynch was in actuality her shooing away a spider. Seems legit.
Still reeling from Survivor Series? No time to rest as it’s full steam ahead to TLC! In the wake of last night’s special event, things are quite different in the WWE. Let’s take a look at what we can expect tonight, as Monday Night Raw comes to you LIVE from Nashville! Survivor Series spoilers ahead.
- New Champ! New Former Champ!: Roman Reigns got the ol’ D-Bry treatment at the hands of Triple H. Moments after winning his first WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Sheamus swooped in and successfully cashed in his Money in the Bank contract to become the current champ, and from the looks of it, the Authority’s golden boy.
- The BREEZE is HERE: Tyler Breeze got a win in his biggest match to date on WWE’s main roster, defeating Dolph Ziggler. Now that Breeze is past his introductory feud, it’s time to see where he is slotted on the card. Something tells me Neville might have a new rival…
- New Directions: With Paige tapping cleanly to Charlotte, will Sasha Banks finally take her rightful place as No. 1 Contender for the Divas title? With New Day losing to both the Usos and the Lucha Dragons, it looks like there might be a three-way dance for those straps at TLC. Ladder match anyone???
- Wyatt Family, Destructed: After getting trounced by the Brothers of Destruction, what’s next for the Wyatt Family? Hopefully a few more family members. Preferably ones that can win a damn match.
That’s it! Enjoy the show and check back here for the Day After Report!
Image Credit: WWE.com
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion, twice over, following the close of last night’s Survivor Series pay-per-view spectacular.
The 2015 Survivor Series was an overall fun show with two hot opening matches followed by a frenetic tournament ending featuring a Money in the Bank cash-in. If I had any nits to pick, it would probably be that I wished more of the tournament was included on the pay-per-view. While some of us bemoan the lack of elimination matches on the card every year, removing it and a few other middle card bouts and focusing the show around the title, with the outstanding quarterfinal matches from Raw moved to this show, in conjunction with the Undertaker’s anniversary could have taken it from just a decent show to home run show. However, no matter what happens in the network era, you can’t beat the $9.99 price tag.
Let’s start with the biggest focus of the night, the big gold and jewel encrusted championship.
Continue reading →
We’ll have a recap of Survivor Series and the drama surrounding the WWE Championship later today, but until then let’s get you caught up with the news of the weekend.
Cesaro to Miss 4-6 Months – Wrestling Observer
If you missed it when we shared the story with you via Jim Ross’ Twitter, Cesaro is rumored to be facing shoulder surgery and a 4-6 month layoff. Horrible news, horrible timing for Cesaro with the number of injuries hitting WWE right now.
Awesome Kong to Retire – Cageside Seats
Awesome Kong, also known as Kharma, is set to retire from wrestling on the suggestion of her doctors. She made the announcement in a letter to Japanese fans cancelling an appearance on a show at Kourakuen Hall on November 25th.
Lesnar added to Raw during Royal Rumble Season – Lords of Pain
Brock Lesnar has been added to the January 11th Raw in New Orleans. My baseless speculation: Brock either enters the Rumble or challenges Sheamus for the Rumble to set up an MITB-less WrestleMania 31 rematch in Dallas.