Monday Night Raw is broadcasting live from Biloxi, Mississippi! It’s the final episode before Battleground this weekend, so expect the heat to get ratcheted up SEVERAL notches. Here’s what’s up:
- Los Matadores: There is probably no better place to debut a matador-themed tag team than deep in the heart of Dixie. Rumors have been swirling around the duo since their first vignette. Is it really just a Primo/Epico repackage? Are they matadors solely to siphon the “Ole!” chants away from Sami Zayn/El Generico? Isn’t everyone excited about the return of El Local? Whether you’re asking these questions or not, Los Matadores will be in the building tonight to answer (some of) them.
- Family Feud: After Stephanie’s meeting with Dusty didn’t go so well and Cody and Dustin jumped the Shield last week, Triple H is meeting with all three Rhodes men, likely setting up some kind of match at Battleground.
- The Shield: Speaking of the Shield, there is really no person(s) hotter than Ambrose, Reigns, and Rollins right now. Playing the role of underdogs for the first time last Monday, the Shield somehow managed to look even more badass, eliminating 7 superstars before succumbing to the damned numbers game. Look for the Ziggler-Ambrose mini-feud to continue, as DZ picked up a DQ win over Ambrose last Friday on Smackdown.
- Weapon of Sad Destruction: It was great seeing Big Show decisively knock out the Miz last week, even if it was at the behest of Stephanie McMahon. Odds are high that this ends with Big Show being forced to turn that WMD on…himself.
- Raw Gets Randy: Randy Orton has been beating the hell out of dudes lately, and it’s been very entertaining. Whose wig will he split next? Only time will tell.
- Battleground: The big Battleground PPV is this Sunday, so while there are already a few intriguing matchups, expect the card to get fleshed out a bit tonight.
- Key Players: Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Paul Heyman will be in the house tonight. That’s reason enough to watch.
Enjoy the show tonight and as always, check back with CDW for the “Day After Report,” and while you’re at it, go ahead and follow us on twitter (@DukesWrestling), so you never miss a post!
Dazzler & Brie Mode Engaged– Daniel Bryan Twitter
In case you missed it on Friday, Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella are off the market. The pair got engaged Friday. Congratulations! Your move John.
Ryback places blame– Wrestling, INC
Ryback is blaming the Goldberg chants on a WWE.com article published early in his career. I blame it on people being boobs.
Survivor Series Poster Revealed– Bray Wyatt on Twitter
Ok, what do I have to do to get a framed copy of this?
Undertaker/Kane News– Wrestlezone
Lots of people freaking out about cryptic Undertaker tweets being done by WWE’s twitter, however it’s likely a non-story. Mentioned in the tweets is Todd McFarlane and a picture of the Undertaker’s gloved hand, most likely hinting at some sort of McFarlane Toys Undertaker Statue.
Also, Kane is being advertised in St. Louis for the October 14th Raw.
Image Credit: WWE.com
Live on tape from Milwaukee, WI it’s the Friday Night Delight, SmackDown. Actually, it’s pronounced “mill-e-wah-que” which is Algonquin for “the good land.”
As announced Monday on Raw, The United States Championship will be on the line when Dean Ambrose defends against Dolph Ziggler. This is a championship rematch from their encounter at Night of Champions. While their matches haven’t been world beaters, each time these two hook up they’ve had solid contests and tonight should be no exception. I hate seeing “rumors” that WWE doesn’t believe in Dolph Ziggler. Both he and Ambrose have a chance to be “The Guy” in the future, just give them the opportunities.
That’s your only officially announced contest for tonight’s show but here’s what else you can expect:
- The COO, has made a proposal to the Rhodes Family for Monday’s Raw. Perhaps we’ll hear more from Triple H tonight on that matter and the Miz’ beef with Randy Orton.
- R-Truth will get yet another shot in non-title action against the World Heavyweight Champion, Alberto Del Rio. Will the Truth finally conquer the Mexican Aristocrat?
- In Tag Team action, the Real Americans square off with the Prime Time Players. With the debut of Los Matadores on the horizon, the Real Americans are sure to be sharpening their skills to take on another foreign invasion.
- Divas Champion AJ Lee will be in action against Funkadactyl Cameron. I hope it’s as good as Melina and Alicia Fox.
- We’ll hear from Paul Heyman and Ryback. Surely the pair will be gloating after the attack laid down on CM Punk this past Monday.
- Team Foreign Comedy- Santino Marella and Great Khali will be in action as well against 3MB.
Watch it all unfold tonight on SyFy at 8PM ET. It’s best for business, Shawn.
Oh, will you look at that. It’s Luke Harper of the Wyatt Family giving @DukesWrestling a shout out. You know Luke Harper? He of the best lariat in WWE since JBL’s? As you know we’re HUGE Wyatt Family marks here at CDW so this picture is by far the coolest picture I’m gonna see all day. How about you?
Follow Luke on Twitter @LukeHarperWWE and of course a HUGE thank you to our pal Joey Mercury for snapping this pic and for being the greatest. You should also follow Joey Mercury at @WWEMercury.
Now if you’ll excuse me I’m gonna go freak out now. #FollowtheBuzzards
Through out yesterday, the WWE put up some of the debuts of wrestlers who became legends of the industry. We all know where these men went in their careers, but lets take a look at where they all started! Ringmaster, anyone?
As he noted in his most recent career documentary, Mick Foley entered his first match in the WWE unsure what his name would be. Like many before, and since, he was handed a list by creative with a list of possible names. Only when Howard Finkel say, “Mankind,” did he know his true name. I love this debut for the fact we get to see Bob “Spark Plug” Holly in his early years, and with some fantastic long hair.
For this one, I had no recollection of when Batista actually debuted. For me, he started his career in Legacy, and did not exist before that. I had no idea who “Deacon Batista” was. Thankfully, this role did not last long and Batista was given a chance to make a big impact on his own. OH TESTIFY!
Want more? Take the Jump for Stone Cold, Taker, Cena, and Y2J! Continue reading →