Daniel Bryan Addresses the Red-Hot Miami RAW Crowd

Daniel Bryan’s 18-second defeat at the hands of Sheamus in the World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania was unexpected and disappointing. Many were expecting the ultimate outcome, but were hoping it would take a little longer for Sheamus to win the strap.

Last night’s rabid RAW crowd made their displeasure with the decision known all night. The “YES! YES! YES!” chant became infectious and was present throughout the evening, including a wonderful “Si! Si! Si!” chant for Alberto Del Rio. Sheamus, perhaps unfairly, was booed for his role in the squash win and Daniel Bryan’s name was chanted all night during the show.

Well, the live crowd got to hear from the former World Heavyweight Champion after taking the loss in the dark match main event of Sheamus, Randy Orton, & The Big Show versus Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Cody Rhodes. Check out the video after the jump.

For what it’s worth I’m glad they let him address the crowd and reports are that Bryan is not being intentionally buried. The 18-second match was planned to have something unexpected happen on the show and not a punishment.

I’ll be happy for Bryan if this leads to increased exposure for the current Daniel Bryan character. The dilemma developing though is that Bryan has worked very well in his role as Champion with AJ, but does it work if this type of crowd support extends to other cities? It might make some uncomfortable to have a face Bryan screaming at AJ to “Shut Up”.

I guess what I’m saying is you leave AJ alone Danny. And AJ if you’re reading this, sometimes late at night I like to spoon too.

#LouisTullyisaGreatLover

7 Comments on "Daniel Bryan Addresses the Red-Hot Miami RAW Crowd"

1. JustinWF says:

“I guess what I’m saying is you leave AJ alone Danny. And AJ if you’re reading this, sometimes late at night I like to spoon too .#LouisTullyisaGreatLover ”

This line is creepy, disturbing and funny all at the same time, congrats.

2. Ryan D @BottleknockerS says:

Thats so funny because I was on WWEShop looking for a D Bryan shirt last night and opted not to pull the trigger. I will be getting the YES shirt if it shows up

• RyanD @Bottleknockers says:

D Bryan himself tweeted new YES shirt could be out as soon as next week. YES!

3. Tony says:

Love the “Yes” chants and I hope it will carry on to other cities. Starting to remind me of better days of WWE where fans cheered louder for the heels than the faces.

4. Brandon Mac says:

I caught Raw this morning on my DVR. My initial thoughts were: Did Daniel Bryan turn face? What the hell? Then I watched that video. It’s official. Miami fans are idiots.

5. Goat says:

I don’t think it’s a case of Miami fans. I think it’s more that special blend of “smark” fans from around the country and world that come to WrestleMania and hit the follow-up Raw to make a weekend out of their trips. I only say that because, in the past, crowds from Canada and overseas have seemed to have unique reactions to what happens in the ring.

It will be interesting to see if the Daniel Bryan revolution keeps its traction in DC next Monday.

6. Goat says:

Also, while I often decry the world of constant surveillance that we live in, thank the fates that I was able to see this, because the end of Raw felt strangely hollow without him getting to come out to the ring. This was better than anything they could have done on TV.

%d bloggers like this: