1) I thought the reaction to John Cena this week was mostly positive. Every woman and child in the building still loves the guy and a good contingency of the men too. It’s a weird place the WWE finds themselves. They acknowledged the boos finally, but they aren’t that loud in arenas outside New York and Chicago. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. If I had to guess, the angle will just fade away like many before it have. If anyone finds out what happened to the Nexus let me know. = )
2) It’s time for Dolph Ziggler to shed Vickie Guerrero. He cuts a wicked promo. He doesn’t need a mouthpiece. There are plenty of wrestlers that could benefit from Vickie’s heat and from her giant dumper, Ziggler no longer being one of them. He is ready. Give him the shot.
3) Goddamn. Randy Orton just doesn’t win matches anymore. Ok, so he beat David Otunga on Smackdown. Over the past few weeks, he’s jobbed to Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and now The Miz. While his openness to put over other wrestlers is commendable, you have to wonder how much this is effecting his credibility as a main eventer. I would expect Orton to return to Monday nights at the next draft and contend for the title as a reward for this recent turn of events. Much like Madden Football, maybe there is a WWE ’12 cover jinx?
4) The WWE Network video promo was pretty damn impressive. I’m really looking forward to seeing what they can do with an entire network at their disposal.
5) Nash has merch! Nash has Merch! Nash has Merch! Nash has Merch! Nash also has a match against HHH involving a sledgehammer. It’s a damn fine night for Big Sexy fans and I happen to be one. TLC is shaping up to be a quality PPV.
6) “Why do you let your personal opinion cloud what you say out here?” – Jerry Lawler to Michael Cole. The question of the century. Never before has a heel commentator inserted himself into matches and feuds as much as Cole. I’m sure he is being told to do so. It doesn’t matter. It needs to stop. It takes the focus away from the people actually competing. It’s gone way past “over the top” at this point.
7) So they took their online viral video campaign and broke into a divas video promo. I like that the WWE is mixing things up. Trying new stuff. I just wonder what the significance of the girl in the videos is. Could The Undertaker be returning WITH his wife, Michelle McCool? Her gimmick would certainly have to be updated. I don’t think it would fit, either way. Quite frankly, I think it needs to end up being more than just The Undertaker. After all the speculation involving Sting last year, I think the WWE owes us a better payoff.
8 ) Not much of a reaction for Zack Ryder tonight, per usual. This is what CM Punk talked about. The net nerds and smarks don’t go out to shows. They sit on their fat asses and bitch online. If you want your voice heard, go to the shows. Support the product. Zack’s contest with Cena was unexpected and enjoyable. No chance Ryder should have gone over John at this point. Good booking.
9) So we ARE getting the masked Kane back now? Nice. Hope it stays that way. Evil, masked Kane should immediately be in the title picture on Smackdown. I wonder if they have more grandiose plans for him? Like a re-match against his brother at Wrestlemania? Both are plausible. Can’t wait to see The Big Red Machine back in original form.
10) Cena’s FU on Mark Henry was really impressive. I know he’s given his finisher to to larger opponents, but he didn’t even strain or hesitate when hoisting Henry up. Incredible strength. Cena’s support of Ryder is getting a little weird at this point though. Who gives up titles shots?
11) Kevin Nash is in the best shape of his life. Sure, a squash match against Santino doesn’t show you much. If you are over the age of 25, how can you not be excited to see him in action against HHH at Tables, Ladders and Chairs? There is so much history between those two. If Nash is booked the proper way, he can provide a very interesting and credible match up for anyone on the Raw roster for months to come. Crossing my David Finchers.
12) I think Zack Ryder was on Raw tonight more than any wrestler in history. Unreal. Direct result of the WWE’s new obsession with twitter, I’d wager.
13) I’m so hungry. BTW, where is Brodus Clay?
14) They are piling on John Morrison, aren’t they? I mean, a video on the website wasn’t enough? He had to be future endeavored on Monday Night Raw? When was the last time that happened? I’m guessing at some point Morrison will regret leaving the WWE over a women… A WOMAN! I would love to hear what he did to deserve such a pile on, though. It seems like he rubbed the wrong people the wrong way.
15) I didn’t mind the ending of the show tonight, even though there was no match. A bulldog through a table isn’t something you see everyday. The main event for TLC is much more interesting with The Miz involved. There are two weeks left till the PPV. I’m sure Cena will figure out a way to involve himself. Either way, I think Punk retains. That is what makes the most sense.
16) Very interesting show. Kevin Nash gets in ring action, Cena vs Ryder and a triple threat match for the WWE title is booked. A little too much woo-woo-woo’ing for me, but I expect that to dissipate in the near future. Let me know what you thought in the comment section, little jimmys.
Flying Elbows Before Hos.