WWE Issues Apology - WWE.com
WWE has issued an apology for the Big Show/Russian flag incident on Raw. The statement reads: “We at WWE would like to apologize to the Russian people for the incident on Monday Night Raw that could have been construed as disrespect for their nation’s flag.”
WWE2K15 Interviews - Lords of Pain
Aubrey Sitterson of the Straight Shoot YouTube show/Podcast has some great interviews with CDW darlings like Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, and Sami Zayn regarding WWE2K15 from a recent event at the WWE Performance Center. Check em out.
Carmela, Cass, & Enzo – NXT
If you haven’t been keeping up with their videos Cass and Enzo are training Carmela at the Performance Center after getting her fired when they spilled the hair cream intended for Sylvester LeFort at Takeover on a client’s dog at her hair salon. Sounds ridiculous (and it is) but Cass and Enzo are hilarious and one of the best parts of NXT right now.
Tuesday night means it’s time for WWE Main Event!
In one of the most shocking developments last night, Bo Dallas scored an upset victory over the World’s Strongest Man Mark Henry. Henry dominated most of the match, but a mistake coming off the ropes opened the door for Dallas to pick up the win following the patented running Bo-dog. Vintage Dallas!
Even through all Henry would have to do to reverse his fortunes is Bo-lieve, he instead attacked Bo backstage in a fit of rage. The two clash again tonight. Will Henry get his win back or will he finally give in and just Bo-lieve?
Bo Dallas vs. Mark Henry
BMO Harris Bradley Center; Milwaukee, WI
LIVE on WWE Network, 8pm EST
Last night on Raw, one of the signature Wyatt Family vignettes aired in which Bray Wyatt “set free” Luke Harper onto the world. The promo has led to speculation that Harper is in line for a singles push and split from the Wyatt Family. While I don’t doubt either of those ideas are in the plans down the line, I’m going to take a different angle this afternoon, as I saw it more as an effort to rebuild the unit of the Wyatt Family.
There’s no denying that after Wyatt’s feuds with Cena & Jericho and Rowan & Harper’s feud with the Usos, some of the steam has been taken out of their momentum. They were being used less and less on WWE programming together. Rowan and Harper (with their own theme music) have appeared less and less in Bray’s promos and Wyatt has appeared less and less at ringside for his team. While they were missed at Night of Champions and last week’s Raw, if this promo and promos in the weeks to come bear out an effort to rebuild the mystique and reestablish them as a unit, I think it was a fantastic idea.
While last night’s vignette could be interpreted as a “singles push” video, it also could be seen as a Luke Harper backstory. A broken man. “She” took everything away. Boys fighting “for things they can’t understand.” A young war veteran perhaps? There’s lots of things to read into when you break down Wyatt’s words. Before, he was just one of the creepy bearded guys following around Bray Wyatt to many fans. Imagine if next week we get a similar promo with Wyatt singing the song of how he rescued Erick Rowan, and the following week a promo with Harper touting the virtues of their savior. A full fledged reboot, reminding the WWE Universe of the who, whats, and whys of the Wyatt Family.
Don’t get me wrong, if these rumors turn out to be fact I’m 100% in favor of a Luke Harper singles run. For those who haven’t been paying attention to my screaming about it since their debut, Harper is one of the most underrated superstars and agile big men on the WWE payroll today. The more of him I see in the ring, the more convinced I am that Harper will be a major player in WWE. For the time being (colored by my love of the Wyatt Family unit, no doubt), I just don’t see why Harper couldn’t get a singles push alongside Bray rather than being completely broken off from him.
Time and the weeks ahead will hopefully tell us the full story. Hit the jump if you want to over analyze the transcript of last night’s vignette like I’ll be doing for the next week.
Continue reading →
Steve Austin in Wendy’s Commercial - With Spandex
Swig of beer for the working man! Stone Cold is part of Wendy’s new BBQ for America campaign promoting their new pulled pork line of products. I’m all in favor of this, except for the coleslaw on top. Not a fan of that.
Global Force Wrestling on PPV…sort of – PW Insider
A Global Force Wrestling, Jeff Jarrett’s new promotion, PPV has been scheduled with providers for 1/4/2015. Word is however is this will be a broadcast of New Japan Pro Wrestling’s biggest show of the year at the Tokyo Dome, branded in the US as Global Force Wrestling and not NJPW. Make you wonder, is GFW going to be more of a governing body of international promotions like the old NWA rather than a standalone promotion?
Full Bound For Glory Card - PW Torch
We told you yesterday about the first two matches announced for TNA’s Bound For Glory on October 12th. The rest of the card was released yesterday and admittedly I’m not very familiar with Wrestle-1, who is promoting the show with TNA, but it seems like a HUGE risk for a company in the rumored trouble TNA is to run their self-proclaimed biggest show of the year with mostly Japanese talent and no World Championship match.
Team 3D vs. Abyss & Tommy Dreamer
Ethan Carter III vs. Ryota Hama
MVP vs. Kazma Sakamoto
Manik vs. Minoru Tanaka
Havok vs. Velvet Sky.
Monday Night Raw is back and better than ever! That’s right, it’s time for another edition of America’s longest-running episodic program and this one’s coming to you LIVE from Chicago, Illinois. Some pre-show notes:
- Monday Night Raw Starring Dean Ambrose: There’s no question that the WWE universe has been centered around Dean Ambrose since his return to action at Night of Champions. The entire Authority is completely preoccupied with Ambrose, and Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar should be too soon enough, as Ambrose has stolen the Money in the Bank Briefcase, putting him in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship picture, at least theoretically.
- IC Title Rematch: Last Friday on SmackDown, Dolph Ziggler successfully defended the IC strap against Cesaro, despite Cesaro clearly holding onto the ropes while being pinned, so expect the Swiss Superman to get a rematch at some point (hopefully tonight!). Also, the bizarre ending on SmackDown hints at a double-turn for Ziggler and Cesaro, which would be a refreshing change for both wrestlers.
- Turn, Turn Turn: Speaking of heel turns, a Mark Henry heel turn has been teased a couple times since his loss to Rusev at Night of Champions. This NEEDS to happen. The Hall of Pain should be feared by all, not loved by America.
- Ascension Ascending: A Raw preview would not be complete without a mention of the former NXT tag champs, as rumor has it they’ll make their debut any day now on Raw. WWE.com teased a challengers for the cosmic keys, and the Ascension could be just the team to do it.
- Chicago Crowd: Thankfully the nonsense of “Occupy Raw” has faded into obscurity, so hopefully Chicago can just go back to being a hot, wrestling-loving crowd that pushes Raw to another level. However, there will be CM Punk chants, so brace yourself.
That’s it! Enjoy the show and check back here for the “Day After” report!