Tyson Kidd Surgery Scar – Twitter
Tyson Kidd posted a picture now that he has the bandages off following his neck surgery. WARNING: It’s not pretty.
Jay Lethal in Rolling Stone – Rolling Stone
Following up his profile on the Young Bucks, former CDWS guest Aaron Oster has a profile of new ROH Champion Jay Lethal.
PPW on Pop – PW Torch
There’s another wrestling promotion entering the crowded national landscape, Paragon Pro Wrestling will debut on Pop TV, formerly TV Guide Channel on July 4th at 6:00am. Their champion is former TNA wrestler Jesse Sorrenson.
Monday Night Raw descends on the nation’s capitol for another night of hard-hitting, slam-bang action! The pre-show notes:
- Tag Team Main Event: In an unbelievable bout of epic proportions, tonight’s presumed main event will be a tag team match (playa) featuring WWE World Heavyweight Champion and music festival villain Seth Rollins and Kane going toe-to-toe with the Shield remnants Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. Will there be Authority interference? Bray Wyatt interference? Maybe!
- J Security: With poor Jamie sidelined after Brock Lesnar cracked three of his ribs, I’m low-key excited to see if WWE offers up a replacement for him alongside Joey Mercury. I mean, Jimmy Jacobs is RIGHT THERE! He even has the name for it! I wouldn’t be mad at Tajiri either, just saying.
- Mixed Tag Teams Emerging: With Summer Rae expressing some interest in a hobbled Rusev, it creates an interesting love-Star of David, with Dolph Ziggler, Lana, Fandango, and Rosa Mendes rounding out the other points. Interesting to see if this goes anywhere, especially with Rusev out of action. It’s good to see WWE keeping Rusev relevant through his injury.
- IC Triple Threat: With IC Champ Ryback, Big Show, and the Miz set for a triple threat title match at Battleground, this mid-card feud is getting sneaky-good. Something to keep an eye on tonight.
- Four Horsewomen Siren on Hold: Okay, for once I won’t be calling for the NXT ladies to invade Raw tonight. With the next “PPV” still a few weeks away, it seems unlikely that the big reveal will take place on a random-ish Monday night. I’d love to be wrong here, but check back in a few weeks for the usual hoping and wishing.
That’s it! Enjoy the show and don’t forget to check back tomorrow for the CDW Day After Report!
Well, this is a bit of a bombshell.
On this afternoon’s Chad Dukes Versus The World on 106.7 The Fan, Dolph Ziggler revealed he has NOT re-signed with WWE disputing the interview that he gave to the Boston Herald this weekend.
“I’m thinking about it right now. I had a request for an upcoming contract that would end a few months from now, maybe two or three months from now, and they requested back what they would like, I countered another offer and we’re waiting to finalize some things. I love WWE and I can’t picture myself wrestling somewhere else but it’s also becoming now where that Wednesday and Thursday, I can’t just do that and get some outside live events for comedy and different movie and television options, which would only be to promote myself as a WWE superstar, to make myself a bigger star so I can advance more in WWE. So if I can’t find that happy medium, I might have to go away for a little bit.”
Ziggler also talked about the speculation he would be leaving because of thing such as pushes and title runs.
“If you’re thinking about resigning a contract in a business you love, do not google people’s comments about it. Demanding a push, demanding world titles, demanding things, what I demand is to be challenged in the ring every week and when I do it, I do it better than anyone else. You can debate that you don’t like the way I sell, you don’t like the way I talk, you don’t like the way I dress, you don’t like my name, but here’s the deal: somehow the 5’11” guy with the funny name and funny trunks has outlasted everybody else in 11 years here and hasn’t gone away. Even when I had a concussion I was backstage filming, from my house with my concussion and being on the app at that point. I’ve never been out and very fortunate with any injuries, being injury prone or anything. I’ve sat out less than anyone I can think of in 10 years.”
“What I wanna do is make myself a bigger asset to WWE. If it involves leaving, that would crush me but it might.”
Monstrous BC himself, Tyrus joined the Chad Dukes Wrestling Show this past week to discuss working with EC3, his thought process on signing with TNA, working with Jason Albert, dancing gimmicks in WWE, Dusty Rhodes, John Cena’s recent mention of him on Raw, Hard Knocks South gym, TNA/ROH, and more.
In a very hilarious listen which you can check out below, Tyrus pulls no punches when joking about the Funkasaurus gimmick, John Cena, and ROH.
Follow Tyrus on Twitter at @Brodus Clay, on Instagram @TyrusSmash, & Facebook.
Continue reading →
Going TNA heavy this morning because there’s a lot going on in Orlando.
Slammiversary Results – TNA Wrestling
TNA crowned it’s first “King of the Mountain Champion” last night in Orlando. Check out the full show results.
Kurt Angle to Undergo Surgery for Tumor – Cageside Seats
Kurt Angle will be taking some time off to undergo surgery to remove a benign neck tumor. He’s expected to be out through the next set of television tapings in July.
Spoiler: Yet Another Former World Champion Leaving TNA – The Inquisitr
The link above spoils upcoming TNA programming so click at your own risk. In addition to the names confirmed to be leaving TNA we talked about this weekend, a match result on an upcoming episode of Impact taped this week points to another name departing the company.